Sign In
+

History

Back
Image
Next
In 1919, a group of Winnetka families who wanted a new type of independent school leased the Girton School and asked Perry Dunlap Smith to be headmaster. Girton was a girls' preparatory school owned and operated by Francis King Cooke.  It was the successor to the Rugby School for boys in Kenilworth, run also by Mr. Cooke.