|Early Childhood Program|
Junior and Senior Kindergarten at North Shore provide children with more opportunities to grow and learn. Teachers focus on the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of each child. By engaging early learners in a dynamic, rich and varied initial learning environment, children develop their skills and creativity. The program is also part of a larger school community serving students JK-12 which fosters opportunities for sharing and connecting with students of all ages.
Kindergarteners learn through exploration and experiential play. North Shore's JK and SK Early Childhood Program includes:
For our Junior Kindergarten Program, parents of children turning 4 years old before September 1 can choose from:
- Full-day (8:10 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.)
- Morning (8:10 a.m. – Noon)
- Morning only on Monday and Friday, with full-day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Senior Kindergarten runs from 8:10 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. Monday through Friday. An After-School Program is available and extends the day until 6pm.
For more information please call 847.441.3321, or contact Program Director Kathy Irvin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition financing options available.
Director of Early Childhood Program; Junior Kindergarten Teacher
• Director and Teacher for 16 years at A Joyful Noise Preschool, Kenilworth • Taught English grades 7-11 at Hillel Academy, Dayton • Taught 7th grade English/Social Studies at Washburne Junior High School, Winnetka
Junior Kindergarten Assistant Teacher; Kindergarten/First Grade Spanish Teacher
• Previously worked at the Barbereux School and at Martin Luther King Jr. Lab School in Evanston • Has been teaching Spanish since 2005
Junior Kindergarten Assistant Teacher
• Taught at A Joyful Noise Preschool in Kenilworth for 16 years
Senior Kindergarten Teacher and Co-Director After-School Program
• Previously Assistant Professor at NYU in New York, Elmhurst College and North Central College in Illinois • Chair, Department of English Driscoll Catholic High School, Addison, IL
Science Department Chair; Lower School Science Teacher
• Coordinated and taught both formal and informal science curriculum linking university scientists and their research with K-12 students and teachers • Two-time recipient of national Science Foundation fellowship for Graduate STEM Fellows in K-12 Educations
Lower School Music Teacher
• Directs Lower School Chorus, Recorder and A Cappela Clubs • Sings with a 14-member a capella choral group • Traveled to Tanzania with Senior Service Project in 2008 • Began studying the lever harp in 2011
Physical Education Teacher, Coach and Director of Summer Programs Transportation
• District Coach of the Year for Class A Men’s Basketball • Ex officio North Shore Alumni Board
Physical Education Teacher; Coach
• Four-time ISL Coach of the Year for baseball • Twenty-one seasons as varsity football coach • Came to North Shore in 1964 as a first grader • North Shore graduate 1976
Physical Education Department Head; Coach
• Previously served as 1st Grade Assistant Teacher • Returning after two years abroad in Manchester, England where he was Head Soccer Coach, Sports Coordinator and Sports Tutor at Manchester College