Students at North Shore utilize technology to:
- Supplement and enhance their learning in and out of the classroom
- Engage with digital content in safe, mindful, and smart ways
- Digitally communicate their ideas and engage with global viewpoints
- Collaborate, create, and cooperate through various digital means
We provide students with ubiquitous access to technology and have selected the iPad as a tool that helps empower students to maximize their development in both content knowledge and academic skills as well as push them to be active learners. Through our one-to-one device program, our faculty are able to provide greater differentiation and personalization of instruction while engaging students of varying learning styles.
The Educational Technology Department serves students and faculty at North Shore Country Day with instructional technology needs. The ET Department personnel review and recommend apps and tools and coach students and teachers in the use of technology tools and our learning management systems. Our educational technology team also plans and leads professional learning experiences for our faculty.
The Information Technology Department provides equipment and manages technical support for all school divisions and business offices at North Shore Country Day. The IT department is responsible for securing and maintaining the school’s network as well as the bell and telephone systems on campus.
- What devices are provided in which grades?
- How are student laptops/ipads paid for?
- What support is provided if my child has a problem with a device?
- What happens if my child’s device breaks or is lost?
- My child doesn’t have many basic tech skills. What support/training is provided?
- How is technology integrated in classroom learning?