Over the past few weeks, our families have created no-sew blankets thanks to kits that the Volunteer Center of NE Metro Chicago created for their annual MLK Day celebration. It was great for students, parents, and faculty members to work on these soft and cozy blankets at home during some really cold and snowy weather here in the Chicago area.
Our core philosophy of “Live and Serve” is more than just a motto: it’s a way to spread kindness and find hope in the sometimes uncertain world we’re living in.
Service is also a way to fight injustice and make the world a better place in the future. We know that you—our community members—are eager to find ways to “Live and Serve,” this year more than ever!
Here you will find ways to get involved with our service programs. You can also find information about other service organizations to connect with, as well as news about our service programs. And you can always contact us to find out more or to tell us about other projects and organizations.
Wow! So much has been going on in "Live and Serve" during the first half of the school year! Here's just a sample:
- Over 150 individuals were fed by FIVE families who provided dinners for Connections for the Homeless in Evanston.
- 1000+ items were donated to Family Focus through our food drive in November.
- 43 families were supported by our community during the Northwestern Settlement House Adopt-a-Family drive.
- Middle School Student Council held an incredibly successful drive for Cradles to Crayons.
- Individual students and clubs had fundraisers for Lurie Children's Hospital, PAWS, the James R. Jordan Foundation, Camp Kesem, and they have done other hands-on service and drives for Connections for the Homeless and Stall Catchers.
Connect With Us
To be notified when we post new opportunities to this website, sign up for our Remind text and email list.
Tell us what you're involved in! Do you have an organization or a project you'd love us to know about? Fill out this form to tell us more about it!
On social media? Follow @NSCDSLiveServe on Twitter and @NSCDSLiveandServe on Instagram. If you participate in an NSCD-sponsored project and post photos to social media, tag us and use the hashtags #liveandserve and #great2baRaider!